Apr 12, 2010

Space (physical and mental) Needed

It's time to take the next step with this writing thing, and I need your help. to wit: I'm looking for a quiet, inspired place to sit and write from April 28-30.

After almost 2 years of blogging and publishing a few articles, it's time to take a look at what I've created. Time to reflect on themes, style, responses and motivations, and divine what message is buried beneath this blog-rabble that's worth developing into something more. And what that something more might be.

It might be a book. A series of magazine articles. Expanded audience on the blog. Expanded or refocussed topics. I really don't know. All I know is that I boldly and somewhat ignorantly put "Writer" as one of the goals of this new phase, and feel there's more to be developed. And that I need space to discover it.

So, in a general way I'm open to any suggestions of where you think I should go with my writing energies. And in a specific way, I'm looking for a spot within a few hours of Duncan or Vancouver where I could escape the distractions of my other worlds and just be a writer for a few precious days.

I have felt strongly supported by y'all along this journey, and appreciate whatever specific support can come of this appeal. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Too many kids in my house... No solitude here sorry...I'd go for a b&b then you get fed too

    ReplyDelete