Feb 23, 2012

Advice to the Young

I was recently asked to share a brief bit of advice, words of wisdom and hope, to a friend's daughter as she graduates from high school. "She will be surprised with notes from friends and family offering best wishes and advice for the future in these challenging times."

Rather than ponder and pontificate, I just shared the first things that blurted onto the screen.

1. Don't wait. Don't wait for someone else to tell you you're ready, or for some "appropriate" age or degree. If you have energy around something, do it. That energy probably won't be there later - new opportunities will have come up by then.

2. Don't hurry. I know that sounds a bit in opposition to #1, but enjoy where and who you are right now, don't spend too much time looking forward to "When I...". You are, right now.

3. Come to Wildside Farm and be a Wwoofer for a week or two.

1 comment:

  1. I like this.

    There has been many an opportunity or idea in my life that I put off until...

    But that being said, I can't regret, I just have to love the place I'm at now.
    But the phrase, "one day I will..." makes me crazy. (even if I say it daily)

    ReplyDelete